My vehicle was towed, how do I find out where it is and how to get it back?

There is an administrative fee for the release of vehicles towed for parking violations, expired registration, safekeeping etc. The registered owner of the vehicle will need to come to the Sheriff's Office Front Counter to obtain a Vehicle Release Form to present to the storage yard.

Required Documents

The owner must have a valid driver's license or a person with them who does, and the vehicle registration must be current. In the event the registered owner cannot be present, the Sheriff's Office will accept a notarized letter authorizing a person designated in the notarized letter to claim the vehicle. In the event the owner is in jail, a signature from the Deputy or other official representative from the jail will be accepted provided there is a name and phone number for that individual provided so we can confirm it's authenticity.

Show All Answers

1. How do I find my law enforcement agency?
2. What do I do about loud music, noise or barking dogs?
3. My car was stolen, who do I call?
4. People are riding off-road vehicles on private property without permission. Who do I call?
5. What should I do if I see a stray dog?
6. What are the operating hours for the Sheriff's Station's front counters?
7. Can I talk to an officer or detective at the front counter?
8. Can I make a report over the phone?
9. Can I make a report using my computer?
10. How do I file a commendation or complaint against the Sheriff's Office?
11. Who can get a copy of a report?
12. Does the Sheriff's Office provide fingerprinting services to the public?
13. My vehicle was towed, how do I find out where it is and how to get it back?
14. Can I pay for a parking ticket online?
15. Is there a charge to have a Sheriff's Deputy appear as a witness in a court?
16. What do I do if I want to evict somebody from a rental property?