RIVERSIDE COUNTY SHERIFF’S DEPARTMENT
Sheriff Chad Bianco
|Hemet Sexual Offender Compliance Checks and Quality of Life Saturation Patrol
|February 21, 2020
|February 20th & 21st, 2020
|Idyllwild, Mountain Center, Anza, Aguanga, Sage
|Sergeant Kevin Dorrough
At the direction of Sheriff Chad Bianco, on February 20 and 21, 2020, deputies from the Hemet Sheriff’s Station with the assistance of the Riverside County Sexual Assault Felony Enforcement Team, the United States Marshal Service, and the California Highway Patrol conducted compliance checks of registered sex offenders within the unincorporated areas of Idyllwild, Mountain Center, Anza, Aguanga, and Sage. Deputies and officers also conducted High Impact, Zero Tolerance Saturation Patrol throughout the mountain communities. The focus of the operation was to apprehend any and all subjects found to be in violation of any crime.
During this operation, 13 sex offenders were contacted and verified they were in compliance with registration requirements. Eight sex offenders were not at home at the time of the compliance check and further investigation will be completed. One sex offender was determined to be in violation of registration requirements and criminal charges will be submitted to the Riverside County District Attorneys Office.
Over 269 pounds of processed marijuana, approximately 1200 marijuana plants, five grams of heroin, four firearms (one handgun and three rifles), and over $7,500 in U.S. currency were collected for evidence.
The following subjects were arrested during this operation:
- 26-year-old Anza resident Emmerson Whipple for Under the influence of a controlled substance while in possession of three (3) firearms
- 27-year-old Valley Center resident Tanya Villalobos for one (1) felony warrant and three (3) misdemeanor warrants.
- 40-year-old Aguanga resident Adam Fredy for possession of a controlled substance and violation of probation.
- 34-year-old Aguanga resident Dennis Harrison for violation of parole.
- 32-year-old Fallbrook resident Juan Martinez for transportation and possession of marijuana for sales.
- 32-year-old Escondido resident Juan Ramirez for transportation and possession of marijuana for sales.
- 24-year-old Idyllwild resident Philip Ackley for three (3) misdemeanor warrants.
- 42-year-old Aguanga resident Nathan Zapata for one (1) felony warrant, felon in possession of firearm, marijuana for sales and cultivation of marijuana.
- 23-year-old Anza resident Alyssa Gervais for one (1) felony warrant.
The Riverside County Sheriff’s Department conducts sexual offender compliance checks and quality of life enforcement on a regular basis. The use of illegal drugs not only affect the individual, but also the community as illegal drug use is the root cause of many of the crimes that affect our county. The Riverside County Sheriff’s Department has a zero-tolerance policy for these offenses. If you suspect drug or criminal activity in your area, please contact your local Sheriff’s Station. The Hemet Sheriff’s Station can be reached at (951) 791-3400.
Citizens may also submit a tip using the Sheriff’s CrimeTips online form.
The Riverside County Sheriff’s Department is seeking applicants for Deputy Sheriff, Deputy Sheriff Trainee, Correctional Deputy, Sheriff’s 911 Communications Officer, and other employment opportunities such as clerical and support positions. If you are interested in a career with us, please apply at www.joinrsd.org or call 1-888-Join-RSD