RIVERSIDE COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT
Sheriff Chad Bianco
|Press Release:||Office of Traffic Safety Grant Kickoff Announcement|
|Station Area:||Jurupa Valley|
|Written Date:||January 6, 2020||Time:||10:00 AM|
|Incident Location:||City of Jurupa Valley|
|Reporting Officer:||Sergeant Luke Torres|
The Jurupa Valley Sheriff’s Station – City of Jurupa Valley Receives OTS Traffic Education and Enforcement Grant
Jurupa Valley, California. - The Jurupa Valley Sheriff’s Station – City of Jurupa Valley has been awarded a $92,216.00 grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety for a year-long enforcement and public awareness program. The traffic safety program is intended to educate the public on safe roadway habits and to deter people from violating traffic laws or practicing other unsafe behaviors that lead to injuries and fatalities.
THE OTS grant will fund various education and enforcement activities for the 2020 federal fiscal year (October 1, 2019 to September 30, 2020):
- DUI checkpoints and saturation patrols to take suspected alcohol/drug impaired drivers -and those unlicensed or with a revoked/suspended license- off the road.
- Traffic enforcement operations.
- Traffic Safety education presentations for youth and community members on distracted, impaired and teen driving, and bicycle/pedestrian safety.
- Distracted driving enforcement, persons driving while talking on, or holding cell phones.
- Checking for seatbelt and child safety compliance.
- Motorcycle safety operations in areas with high rider volume and where higher rate of motorcycle crashes occur.
- Creating “Hot Sheets” identifying repeat DUI offenders.
- Pedestrian safety enforcement operations.
“Getting in a vehicle remains one of the most dangerous things we do,” OTS director Barbara Rooney said. “We must continue to work with our partners in law enforcement to shift that realization and make traveling on our roads safer.”
Funding for this program was provided by a grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety, through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
The Riverside County Sheriff's Department is seeking applicants for Deputy Sheriff, Deputy Sheriff Trainee, Correctional Deputy, Sheriff's 911 Communications Officer, and other employment opportunities such as clerical and support positions. If you are interested in a career with us, please apply at www.joinrsd.org or call 1-888-Join-RSD