Press Releases

Moreno Valley Station

Posted on: December 8, 2022

Children Become Ill After Ingesting Gummies at School

Vector Star 80 x93

Riverside County Sheriff's Department Press Release

Reporting Deputy: Sergeant Jerry Franchville

File # MV223410202

Details:

On December 7, 2022, deputies from the Moreno Valley Station were notified of four middle school students who became ill after ingesting some marijuana infused gummies while on campus at a school in the 23900 block of Eucalyptus Avenue in Moreno Valley. The students experienced mild illness and were initially medically treated at the school. Three of the students were transported to a local hospital as a precaution and are expected to make full recoveries. This is an active investigation and deputies are still investigating the incident to determine the origin of the substance and if any criminal acts were committed.

The Riverside County Sheriff’s Office would like to remind parents to talk to your children about the dangers of ingesting any unknown substances. While marijuana is legal for adults to possess in California in certain situations, it is still illegal for children to smoke or use marijuana recreationally. Marijuana must be stored where children do not have access to it.

Anyone with information about this incident is encouraged to call Sgt. Jerry Franchville of the Moreno Valley Station at 951-486-6700.

For media inquiries regarding this incident please contact the Media Information Bureau.

 See Something Say Something Submit an Anonymous Tip


Apply Now! If you are interested in a career with us, please apply at joinrsd.org or call 1-888-Join-RSD

Facebook Twitter Email