Reporting Deputy: Sergeant Jaime A. Hernandez
File # N/A
Cabazon and Calimesa, California. – As students head back to school, the Riverside County Sheriff’s Department, Cabazon Station, reminds parents and residents to follow the speed limit and to be extra careful driving through school zones.
Please drive like it is your children walking or riding their bike to school. Pick-up and drop-off times can be hectic, but it’s important to be patient and stay safe as students are getting to and from school.
If you are behind a school bus with a stop sign and flashing red lights, drivers need to stop so students can safely get on and off the bus. Drivers in both directions are required to stop on any two-lane road without a median. Drivers must remain stopped while the red lights are on.
We offer the following tips to stay safe around schools:
- Slow down and follow the speed limit.
- Adhere to school policies and procedures for dropping off and picking up students.
- Stop for school buses. Watch for children rushing to catch the bus or exiting.
- Whenever possible, avoid blocking the crosswalk while waiting to make a right-hand turn.
- For parents with children walking or biking to school, teach them safe walking and riding behaviors, such as looking both ways before crossing the street, using sidewalks when available, and crossing at marked crosswalks with stop signs or signals.
For media inquiries regarding this incident please contact theMedia Information Bureau.
If you are interested in a career with us, please apply at joinrsd.org or call 1-888-Join-RSD