Reporting Deputy: Sergeant Art Paez
File # Multiple
On July 28, 2022, a joint enforcement operation was conducted in the Hemet/San Jacinto Valley. This operation consisted of saturation patrol, attempt warrant services, and compliance checks on subjects on Post Release Community Supervision (PRCS), Mandatory Supervision, Parole, and Probation. The following agencies/teams participated in the operation:
- Region 1 GTF- Coachella Valley Violent Crime Gang Task Force
- Region 2 GTF- San Gorgonio Pass Gang Task Force
- Region 3 GTF- Hemet/San Jacinto Valley Gang Task Force
- Region 4 GTF- Murrieta/Temecula Regional Gang Task Force
- Region 6 GTF- Perris/Lake Elsinore Gang Task Force
- Region 7 GTF- Corona/Jurupa Valley Gang Task Force
- Riverside County District Attorney’s Office G.I.T. (Gang Impact Team)
- Hemet Police Department-Patrol Division
- San Jacinto Police Department Soboba Team & S.E.T. - (Special Enforcement Team)
- Perris Police Department S.E.T.- (Special Enforcement Team)
- Murrieta Police Department S.E.T. - (Special Enforcement Team)
- Menifee Police Department P.O.P. Team (Problem Oriented Policing)
- Menifee Police Department S.E.T. - (Special Enforcement Team)
- Central P.A.C. Team (Post-release Accountability & Compliance Team)
- East P.A.C. Team (Post-release Accountability & Compliance Team)
- California Highway Patrol- San Gorgonio Pass Office & Border Division K-9 Unit
- Riverside County Probation Department- AB109 Unit (San Jacinto Office)
- Beaumont Police Department Multi Enforcement Team (M.E.T.)
- California State Parole Office-Riverside County Division
This operation consisted of 42 compliance checks on those individuals on Parole, Probation, PRCS, and Mandatory Supervision. Law enforcement personnel also conducted numerous enforcement stops. A total of 38 individuals were arrested for various crimes. Additionally, 21 citations were issued and five vehicles were impounded as a result of this joint operation. Two illegally possessed firearms, various amounts of Methamphetamine, Fentanyl, and other dangerous weapons were seized as a result of this operation.
The Hemet/San Jacinto Valley Gang Task Force has been in existence since April 2006. The Law Enforcement Agencies within “The Valley” have been working together since this time on a daily basis. The Hemet/San Jacinto Gang Task Force is comprised of members from the Hemet Police Department, Riverside County Sheriff’s Department, and the California Highway Patrol. The Hemet/San Jacinto Valley Gang Task Force operates in the Cities of Hemet, San Jacinto, and the unincorporated areas of Hemet. The law enforcement leadership within the valley meets regularly and coordinates the Hemet/San Jacinto Valley Gang Task Force activities. Since the formation of the task force, leadership has recognized the importance of working together to provide the highest level of service for the citizens within the Hemet/San Jacinto Valley.
The Hemet/San Jacinto Valley Gang Task Force is one of six teams comprising the entire Riverside County Regional Gang Task Force, which is a collaborative effort of various law enforcement agencies with the goal of combating criminal street gangs.
For media inquiries regarding this incident please contact the Media Information Bureau.
If you are interested in a career with us, please apply at joinrsd.org or call 1-888-Join-RSD