On December 17, 2021, Thermal Station deputies conducted a DUI/Driver’s License Checkpoint at Cesar Chavez and 4th Street within the city of Coachella, between the hours of 8:00 pm and 2:00 am.
RIVERSIDE COUNTY SHERIFF’S DEPARTMENT
Sheriff Chad Bianco
|Press Release:||Driving Under the Influence / Driver License Checkpoint|
|Written Date:||December 18, 2021||Time:||2:10 A.M.|
|Incident Date:||December 17, 2021||Time:||8:00 P.M.|
|Incident Location:||Cesar Chavez Street and 4th Street, Coachella|
|Reporting Officer:||Sergeant Mariano Matos III|
DUI/Driver’s License Checkpoint
On December 17, 2021, Thermal Station deputies conducted a DUI/Driver’s License Checkpoint at Cesar Chavez and 4th Street within the city of Coachella, between the hours of 8:00 pm and 2:00 am. The checkpoint yielded the following:
- 337 cars screened.
- 5 citations for unlicensed drivers.
- 1 illegally possessed firearm arrest.
- 1 narcotic arrest.
- 4 driving under the influence arrests.
The following subjects were arrested during the Check point:
- Jose Mendez, 29 of Coachella, for DUI
- Carlos Leon, 39 of Coachella, for DUI
- Alonso Espinoza Lopez, 24 of Coachella, for DUI, possession of a concealed firearm, and possession of a non-serialized firearm
- Jose Francisco Rico Ramos, 52 of Coachella, for possession of methamphetamine
- Jose Ramon Quenteros, 27 of Indio, for DUI
|Jose Mendez||Carlos Leon|
|Alonso Espinoza Lopez||Jose Francisco Rico Ramos|
|Jose Ramon Quenteros|
For media inquiries regarding this incident please contact the Media Information Bureau.