RIVERSIDE COUNTY SHERIFF’S DEPARTMENT
Sheriff Chad Bianco
|Press Release:||Commercial Vehicle Checkpoint|
|Station Area:||Moreno Valley|
|Written Date:||November 23, 2021||Time:||5:00 PM|
|Incident Date:||November 23, 2021||Time:||6:30 AM - 11:30 AM|
|Incident Location:||Perris Boulevard, between San Michelle Road and Grove View Road; Moreno Valley|
|Reporting Officer:||Sergeant Robert Grmusha|
On November 23, 2021, from 6:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., deputies from the Moreno Valley Sheriff’s Station Traffic Team, conducted a Commercial Vehicle Checkpoint, on Perris Boulevard, between San Michelle Road and Grove View Road, in the city of Moreno Valley. The checkpoint was conducted in cooperation with departments from the Allied Agency Commercial Enforcement Task Force, including deputies from the Jurupa Valley Sheriff’s Station and the Perris Sheriff’s Station, the California Highway Patrol, San Bernardino Police Department, Chino Police Department, Costa Mesa Police Department, and the Rialto Police Department.
The goal of this operation was to educate commercial vehicle operators and the motor carrier industry to promote commercial vehicle safety, and to ultimately provide for the safety of all who utilize Moreno Valley roadways. The Commercial Vehicle Checkpoint resulted in the inspection of 73 commercial vehicles, during which nine commercial vehicles were removed from service. At the conclusion of the operation, 49 citations had been issued as outlined below:
- 7 Citations were issued for braking system safety related violations.
- 2 Citations were issued for steering system safety related violations.
- 7 Citations were issued for tire and wheel safety related violations.
- 3 Citations were issued for airline and electrical connection violations.
- 6 Citations were issued for faulty lighting violations.
- 1 Citation was issued for a commercial vehicle overlength.
- 1 Citation was issued for an unsafe load violation.
- 1 Citation was issued for missing and damaged required equipment.
- 21 Citations were issued for miscellaneous violations, including moving violations, equipment violations and driving off designated truck routes.
If there are any questions about this checkpoint, inquires can be made by contacting the Moreno Valley Sheriff’s Station Traffic Team at 951-486-6700.
For media inquiries regarding this incident please contact the Media Information Bureau.