RIVERSIDE COUNTY SHERIFF’S DEPARTMENT
Sheriff Chad Bianco
|Press Release:||Commercial Vehicle Checkpoint|
|Station Area:||City of Jurupa|
|Written Date:||November 10, 2021||Time:||9:22 PM|
|Incident Date:||November 9, 2021||Time:||7:00 AM - 11:30 AM|
|Incident Location:||City of Jurupa Valley on Agua Mansa Road|
|Reporting Officer:||Deputy Petersen|
On November 9, 2021, at 7:00 a.m., a Commercial Vehicle Task Force comprised of deputies from the Jurupa Valley and Moreno Valley Stations as well as officers from the California Highway Patrol, Irvine P.D., Chino P.D., Ontario P.D., Rialto P.D., Huntington Beach P.D., and Orange P.D. conducted a Commercial Vehicle Checkpoint on Agua Mansa Road from Brown Avenue to the Riverside/San Bernardino County line in the city of Jurupa Valley. This operation yielded the following results:
- 92 commercial vehicles were inspected
- 32 citations were issued
- 10 citations were issued for registration violations
- 1 driver was cited for driving without a license
- 7 vehicles were placed out of service.
- 3 vehicles were cited for being overweight.
- 2 vehicles were cited for no proof of insurance.
- 7 vehicles were cited for brake problems.
- 2 vehicles were cited for hazmat violation
- 2 drivers were cited for logbook violations
- 2 vehicles were impounded
- 42 citations were issued for various mechanical violations
Multiple vehicles were cited for more than one violation.
The goal of this operation is to educate commercial vehicle operators, the motor carrier industry, and promote commercial vehicle safety.
If there are any questions about the checkpoint you may contact the Jurupa Valley Traffic Team at 951-955-2600.
For media inquiries regarding this incident please contact the Media Information Bureau.