RIVERSIDE COUNTY SHERIFF’S DEPARTMENT
Sheriff Chad Bianco
|Press Release:||Jurupa Valley Station – Norco was Awarded $49,436 from the Office of Traffic Safety|
|Written Date:||October 27, 2021||Time:||8:30 AM|
|Incident Location:||The City of Norco|
|Reporting Officer:||Sergeant Aaron Avila|
City of Norco, Calif. –The Riverside County Sheriff’s Department, Norco Station will roll out a police traffic services program to deter dangerous and illegal driving behaviors that increase the risk of crashes in the community.
Impairment, speeding and other dangerous driving behaviors jeopardize the safety of other people on the road. This funding allows the Riverside County Sheriff’s Department to provide necessary traffic enforcement measures with the goal of reducing serious injury and fatal crashes on our roads. The grant will pay for additional enforcement measures, including:
- DUI checkpoints and patrols specifically focused on suspected impaired drivers
- Enforcement operations focused on suspected distracted drivers in violation of California’s hands-free cell phone law
- Night-time Click It or Ticket safety enforcement operations
- Bicycle and pedestrian safety enforcement operations focused on driver behaviors that put vulnerable road users at risk
- Officer training and/or recertification: Standard Field Sobriety Test (SFST), Advanced Roadside Impaired Driving Enforcement (ARIDE) and Drug Recognition Expert (DRE).
The grant program will run through September 2022. Funding for this program was provided by a grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety, through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
For media inquiries regarding this incident please contact the Media Information Bureau.