RIVERSIDE COUNTY SHERIFF’S DEPARTMENT
Sheriff Chad Bianco
|Press Release:||Demand Reduction Sex Trafficking Operation|
|Station Area:||La Quinta|
|Written Date:||April 1, 2021||Time:||11:30 PM|
|Incident Date:||April 1, 2021||Time:||10:00 AM|
|Incident Location:||City of La Quinta|
|Reporting Officer:||Sergeant George Acevedo|
|File Number(s):||LA21 091 0015|
On Thursday, April 1, 2021, members of the La Quinta Special Enforcement Team (SET) with the assistance of the Riverside County Anti-Human Trafficking Task Force (RCAHT), the Coachella Community Action Team (CCAT), and the Southern Coachella Valley Community Services District (SCVCSD) conducted a demand reduction sex trafficking operation in the city of La Quinta.
La Quinta SET members and assisting teams operated in an undercover capacity, placed decoy advertisements on several popular classified advertisement websites commonly used for the solicitation of online prostitution. Members of this operation then responded to prospective customers replying to these prostitution advertisements. After an agreement for paid sex acts, these “Johns” were then arrested upon their arrival at a pre-determined meeting location.
As a result of this enforcement effort, a total of 18 men were arrested on misdemeanor prostitution charges. Those arrested were identified as follows:
- Manuel Rivas, 25 of Palm Desert
- Manuel Garcia, 24 of Desert Hot Springs
- Foster Clark, 45 of Desert Hot Springs
- Keenan Jandt, 25 of Bermuda Dunes
- Jesus Alaniz, 52 of La Quinta
- Christopher Santa Cruz, 40 of Cathedral City
- Craig Hudson, 54 of Fullerton
- Nicholas Triplett Alejos, 24 of Indio
- Shawn Aaron Barnard, 21 of Indio
- Erik Diaz, 76 of Indio
- Michael Miranda, 28 of Cathedral City
- Jairo Josue Reyes, 27 of Coachella
- Ivan Madrid, 27 of Coachella
- James Latham, 26 of Bermuda Dunes
- Michael Prince, 30 of Cathedral City
- Richard Madrigal, 52 of Cathedral City
- Alexander Villa-Ramirez, 25 of Indio
- Luis Alvarado, 36 of Coachella
All subjects arrested were booked and released from the county jail in Indio.
The La Quinta Special Enforcement Team is asking anyone with additional information to contact La Quinta SET Deputy Melissa Rodriguez at (760) 863-8990 or call anonymously at (760) 341-STOP (7867) and reference incident # LA21 091 0015.
For media inquiries regarding this incident please contact the Media Information Bureau.
|Manuel Rivas||Manuel Garcia||Foster Clark||Keenan Jandt||Jesus Alaniz|
|Christopher Santa Cruz||Craig Hudson||Nicholas Triplett Alejos||Shawn Aaron Barnard||Erik Diaz|
|Michael Miranda||Jairo Josue Reyes||Ivan Madrid||James Latham||Michael Prince|
|Richard Madrigal||Alexander Villa Ramirez||Luis Alvarado|