RIVERSIDE COUNTY SHERIFF’S DEPARTMENT
Sheriff Chad Bianco
|Press Release:||Carjacking / Attempted Murder|
|Station Area:||Moreno Valley|
|Written Date:||February 10, 2021||Time:||8:00 AM|
|Incident Date:||January 25, 2021||Time:||9:21 PM|
|Incident Location:||Multiple Locations throughout the city of Moreno Valley|
|Reporting Officer:||Sergeant Ryan Marcuse|
Beginning in the month of November, the Moreno Valley Station Robbery Burglary Suppression Team (RBST) began investigating a series of carjacking’s and two attempted murder incidents that were believed to be committed by the same group of suspects. In most of the carjacking incidents, the suspects would travel between the cities of Moreno Valley and Perris and locate a victim. Once the victim stopped their vehicle, the suspects would approach on foot, brandish a firearm and take the victim’s vehicle and property by force. During the first attempted murder, the suspect shot at the victim multiple times in front of a crowded retail establishment. The second attempted murder took place during the commission of an attempted robbery where the suspect shot the victim multiple times while the victim was seated inside his vehicle. Through extensive investigation, as well as assistance from the public and the Moreno Valley Citywide Camera System, several suspects were identified. Additionally, several of these suspects were identified as being involved in both the carjacking’s and the two attempted murders. Several of these suspects were also identified as active criminal street gang members. On February 10, 2021, 11 search warrants were served in the cities of Moreno Valley and Perris with the assistance of Riverside County Sheriff’s Department Special Weapons and Tactics Team (SWAT), Riverside County Sheriff’s Department Special Investigations Bureau, Riverside Police Department SWAT, Moreno Valley Station Special Enforcement Team (SET), Perris Station SET, San Jacinto Station SET, Lake Elsinore Station SET, Jurupa Valley Station SET. Evidence directly related to the carjacking and attempted murder incidents was located.
Several suspects were located and arrested.
- Daquorie Diggs (19) city of Moreno Valley for carjacking and assault with a deadly weapon
- William Payne (18) city of Moreno Valley for carjacking and attempted murder
- Deon Peeler (20) city of Perris for conspiracy
- Brian Roman (22) city of Moreno Valley for conspiracy
- Yolanda Robinson (39) city of Moreno Valley for possession of a controlled substance for sales, possession of stolen firearm
- Tailesha King (42) city of Moreno Valley for accessory and destruction of evidence
- Juvenile #1 (17) city of Moreno Valley for attempted murder and robbery
- Juvenile #2 (17) city of Moreno Valley for carjacking
- Juvenile #3 (17) city of Moreno Valley for carjacking
- Juvenile #4 (16) city of Moreno Valley for carjacking
This case is ongoing and anyone with information is encouraged to contact Moreno Valley Station RBST Investigator Brian Pentel at 951-486-6700.
For media inquiries regarding this incident please contact the Media Information Bureau.
|Daquorie Diggs||William Payne||Deon Peeler|
|Brian Roman||Yolanda Robinson||Tailesha King|