Cois M. Byrd Detention Center
- Call 951-696-3470 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. to schedule a visit.
- 1 visitor per inmate will be allowed to visit due to physical distancing requirements.
- Inmates are allowed a maximum of two visits per week and each visit is approximately 45 minutes.
- Valid picture identification is required to visit an inmate (this includes all forms of government identification cards).
- Visitors may be subject to a search of their person and belongings by correctional staff and are subject to warrant checks and arrest.
- Visitors must be 18 years or older to visit.
- Visitors are only allowed to visit with the inmate they signed up to visit. You may not change or trade inmates with another visitor. Once a visitor departs the visitation area, the visit with the inmate is terminated.
- Public restrooms are available at each facility.
- For attorney or special visits, please contact the facility where the inmate is housed to schedule a visit.
- No alcohol, illegal drugs, weapons, tear gas/O.C. dispensers, cameras, and/or knives are allowed in the visiting area.
- Any visitor bringing illegal contraband into the visiting area is subject to arrest.
- No smoking is allowed in any part of the jail including the lobby.
- No food or drink is allowed in the lobby and visiting areas.
- All visitors must dress in appropriate attire. Visitors who fail to comply with the dress code will be denied their visit. Visitors’ clothing must not refer to gang affiliation, display sexual or lewd comments or pictures, or have the potential for being offensive to others. Clothing must cover the upper torso and lower/mid body parts. Skirts must be at least to mid-thigh length.
- All visitors will be required to sign a waiver.
- All visitors will a receive temperature screening prior to entering the facility.
- All visitors are required to wear a mask while in the facility (masks will not be provided).
- Social distancing must be maintained at all times.
- Visiting areas will be sanitized before each visit.
- Any visitor committing a criminal act anywhere on jail property is subject to arrest.
- Violation of any of the above rules by a visitor may subject him/her to loss of visiting privileges.
- All facilities within the Riverside County Sheriff’s Corrections Division reserve the right to terminate any visit if deemed necessary for security purposes. If this occurs, staff members will ask visitors to safely exit the facility.
- Public parking is available in front of the jail.