Full Time Supervised Electronic Confinement Program (SECP)
A full time Supervised Electronic Confinement Program requires that you wear an electronic monitoring transmitter, also referred to as an ankle monitor. This is a home detention program that offers a low-cost alternative to custody in jail. It allows you to continue to work or go to school.
Applicants are subject to approval by the Sheriff’s Department. A completed application with required documents must be submitted for approval before you can be considered for this program.
Participating offenders can complete their sentences, keep their current jobs, attend school, live at home, receive their own medical care, meet child care responsibilities, and attend counseling.
How does the program work?
You must wear a transmitter on your ankle. You will be eligible for time outside of your home on two days a week from 9 AM to 1 PM. Additional time may be given for work or school if you provide required documentation.
How much does it cost?
It costs $7 per day for a regular unit or $12 per day for cellular unit.
What are the requirements?
Pending approval, each applicant will be required to:
- Meet eligibility requirements (residency, equipment, etc.)
- Provide a current telephone bill, most recent pay stub, and proof of enrollment in alcohol, drug, and/or counseling programs (if applicable).
How can I apply?
If you feel you can meet the terms and conditions briefly outlined here and would like to be considered for this program, you need to fill out the application.
If you feel you are qualified for the program, you need to fill out the SECP Application Form and submit it to the Housing Unit Officer. It will be returned to you to let you know if your application has been accepted or denied.
If you have been accepted, a Deputy will interview you and give you a checklist of things that need to be completed in order to start your release process. The person picking you up from the jail facility will be notified by the SECP office to set up an appointment to bring in the required items.
||You Must Disconnect:
- Copy of most current telephone bill
- $98 to cover the first two weeks on the program.
- All co-residents 18 and over must sign a cohabitant waiver agreeing to program rules.
- NO Call Waiting
- NO Voice Mail
- NO Call Forwarding, Blocking, or Caller ID
- NO dial-up Internet on phone line
- Answering Machines
- Cordless Phones
- Fax Machines
- Computer Modems
Eligibilty restrictions apply to this program.
|You are eligible if you:
- Live in Riverside County or within a reasonable distance
- Have a working telephone with no added features on the line
- Are able to pay the daily fee
- Agree to adhere to the rules, regulations, and requirements of the SECP
Larry D. Smith Correctional Facility
- SECP Office
1627 S. Hargrave Street
Banning, CA 92220
View Larger Map
|Park your vehicle in the public parking lot on Hargrave Street. Riverside County will not assume responsibility for damage or loss to any vehicle or its contents.